Village Oaks Social Work Support
Meet Ms. Sam Jodoin, LLMSW, SSW
Sam Jodoin began her work at Village Oaks Elementary in September of 2022. She is currently a Limited License Master Social Worker in the State of Michigan. She has previous experience working in ABA Therapy, Foster Care Services, and Clinical Therapy. Ms. Jodoin is a proud Novi Alumna. She attended Central Michigan University for her Bachelor of Applied Arts degree as well as Wayne State University for her Master of Social Work graduate degree. Her focus areas include Interpersonal Practice and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
If you have any social, emotional, or behavioral concerns that you would like to discuss for your child, or if you are in need of resource information, Ms. Jodoin can be reached at 248-449-1300 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Village Oaks Social Work Services
School Social work services are provided across the school setting in various capacities. Some examples include:
- Direct Services: Direct school-based social work/counseling services as a related service for those identified receiving special education services.
- Intervention Services: Short-term school-based intervention social work/counseling services for general education students.
- Consultation: Consults with teachers to provide behavioral strategies and support for the classroom.
- School-Wide Initiatives: Promoting school-wide social emotional learning initiatives and Positive Behavioral Intervention Supports (PBIS).
- Parent/Family Involvement: Hold various parent/family education presentation events across the school year.
- Crisis Intervention: Provide families with crisis intervention/emergency resource information and/or referrals.
- Community Resources: Provide families with community resource information/referrals on various topics of interest.