Village Oaks Social Work Support
Meet Ms.Amber Zarb, LICSW, LMSW-Clinical, SSW
Amber Zarb joined Village Oaks Elementary in March 2018. She is a Licensed Master Social Worker-Clinical in Michigan with full approval for School Social Worker. She previously worked as a school social worker in Washington, D.C., where she is also clinically licensed. Ms. Zarb attended the University of Michigan for her undergraduate Bachelor of Arts degree and for her Master of Social Work graduate degree.
If you would like to discuss any social, emotional, or behavioral concerns that you have for your child or are in need of resource information, Ms. Zarb can be reached at 248-449-1300 or at email@example.com.
Village Oaks Social Work Services
School Social work services are provided across the school setting in various capacities. Some examples include:
- Direct Services: Direct school-based social work/counseling services as a related service for those identified receiving special education services.
- Intervention Services: Short-term school-based intervention social work/counseling services for general education students.
- Consultation: Consults with teachers to provide behavioral strategies and support for the classroom.
- School-Wide Initiatives: Promoting school-wide social emotional learning initiatives and Positive Behavioral Intervention Supports (PBIS).
- Parent/Family Involvement: Hold various parent/family education presentation events across the school year.
- Crisis Intervention: Provide families with crisis intervention/emergency resource information and/or referrals.
- Community Resources: Provide families with community resource information/referrals on various topics of interest.