Arrival & Dismissal Times and Procedures
At Village Oaks we expect students to arrive at 9:00 a.m., and we dismiss at 3:52 p.m.
Students either ride the bus, get dropped-off or picked-up by a parent or guardian, walk to and from school, or use before or after-school CARE. Please read the relevant information expectations depending on your student's category.
- The bus loop is on the northeast side of the building. We ask that parents not enter the bus dismissal area.
- Students riding the bus will be dropped off in the bus loop and will allowed off the bus just before 8:58 a.m.
- Parents or guardians will receive School Messenger updates in the event of late busses.
- At dismissal students exit by bus letter. Staff members are strategically placed in the area for supervision.
- If you need additional information, please contact our Transportation Department at 248-449-1245.
The drop-off/ pick-up zone is the front, east side of the building. At Village Oaks we ask that parents pull forward all the way, be alert, walk, safety first. Staff members are present to help guide this process.
- Pull forward all the way: Stay single file and in the right lane. You may need to pull beyond the front door. Drop-off can occur anywhere there is a sidewalk which may be before or after the front door. Please be sure students exit and enter the passenger side of the vehicle.
- Be Alert: Be ready, and have the kids ready to exit the vehicle with their backpacks, etc... Please save texts and phone calls until after drop-off or pick-up!
- Walk: Kids need to walk beyond the yellow safety line. Please do not park and walk across the parking lot.
- Safety first: It takes teamwork to make the dream work! At arrival, students can enter the building at 9:00 a.m.
- We ask that parents please park in the large south parking lot.
The Novi Community School District policy states that if you reside within walking distance of the school your child attends, then your child is expected to walk. One mile or under is considered the "walk zone" for elementary schools.
CARE is located in our cafeteria. Parents or guardians use Door 3 for drop-off and pick-up. CARE services are provided by our Community Education Department. Students can be dropped-off as early as 6:45 a.m. and must be picked-up by 6:00 p.m. For more information please call 248-675-3400 or Holly Bengle at 248-449-1307. You may email her at email@example.com